Not all saturation church planting or disciple making processes produce equal fruit. What makes the difference? If we have limited resources, which emphases are most fruitful?
These are some of the questions posed at the beginning of the 2017 National Church Planting Processes Survey. This first-of-its-kind study aimed at assessing the effectiveness of whole-nation disciple making process, sometimes referred to as Saturation Church Planting (SCP) or DAWN Initiatives.
The results of this research exceeded expectations, yielding more significant findings than anticipated.
Here are seven key Insights found to advance nationwide disciple making processes:
- The “ideal” DAWN strategy is effective.
- National Church Leadership is the most significant factor for developing a whole nation church planting process.
- “Seminars and Consultations” is the second most significant factor contributing to an effective national-wide disciple making process.
- Relationships are foundational to a fruitful national process.
- Refine the process.
- Think critically about it is going to take to disciple the whole nation.
- Success requires a long obedience in the same direction.
These insights, which when acted upon, can guide the development of effective nationwide disciple making processes.
A more thorough explanation of these seven insights is available here, including practical applications of how this research guides the development whole-nation disciple making processes as we move toward AD 2050.
See my earlier posts for other perspectives on this study.
- The Vital Role of National Leadership in Advancing National Church Planting Processes
- What we are learning about effective National Church Planting Processes
- Exciting Study on National Church Planting Processes Forthcoming
- A Tribute to one of My Heroes: Chuck Holsinger
- Pursuing Jesus’ Vision for Ministry
- Os Guinness presents stirring address at Taylor University
- Want to see God at work? Start by praying the Lord’s Prayer today
- Seven Habits of People who Accomplish Great Things for God
- Fabulous Quotes from the Mission Information Workers Conference